Please join us in our campaign to elect Harry Montoya Democrat for Congress. Harry is running for New Mexico’s Third Congressional District. We are trying to get 6,000 signatures for our Nominating Petition. Please download the petition, sign it, and arrange for a campaign representative to pick it up from you or you can mail it back to campaign headquarters.
A message from Harry:
I was born and raised in this Congressional District with a deep respect and love for the natural beauty and cultural traditions of Northern New Mexico. As special as New Mexico is, we aren’t immune to the devastating effects of the economic crisis. Our economic problems here in New Mexico did not start with the recent great recession. The people of our state have been struggling for a long time. I believe that being a Democrat means standing up for working people, for families, for children, and for the environment. I will stand up for these ideals even when standing up is hard, or inconvenient or painful, because doing the right thing is what matters most of all. For too long, the corruption of the machine politics has been getting in the way of solving important problems in New Mexico. Today is our day, today is truly about Returning Democracy to the People.”
Five Things You May Not Know About Harry:
- A dedicated community leader who founded Hands Across Cultures, a nonprofit organization working in our community to prevent drug abuse by encouraging cultural pride.
- A nationally-recognized expert who has traveled internationally working with the United States Embassy and State Department consulting on substance abuse prevention.
- A nationally-published lecturer with a master’s degree in psychology whose work has appeared in academic and scientific journals and textbooks.
- A community volunteer who teaches anti-bullying techniques in our schools.
- A former public servant who served two terms each on the Pojoaque Valley School Board and Santa Fe County Commission.